Monday, 19 May 2008

Birthday (feeling young)

It was my Birthday Friday so after losing a few fish and
sorting out a old reel a few weeks back I got myself a new
line and also treated myself to a little reel .
Hoping to get a #4 rod the idea is it will cushion the little fish
and help me bump less off the hook .
Must be catching fish that makes me feel young , every time
I hook something all the little pains and problems disappear
This brings me to the conclusion a life fishing is never long
enough .

I spent some time coarse fishing with Phil , we must have
had a hundred of these little Rudd like the one above.
Phil had the best fish around 6lb on what was a hard day's
fishing following a clear cold night .
I now can't wait to return to my running water
Time By The River is well spent !

3 comments:

Mike Duddy said...

Happy Birthday and tight lines

phil-k said...

It won't be long until we can get those 15ft trotting rods back in action.I can't wait to get back on the stick float,it seems a lifetime since we were wading in the clear waters of the Ribble and Dane trotting maggots.Great days.

P said...

neat blog, some great photos, tight lines mate :-)

search

"Life is but a dream?"

"... on a good day of fishing, the job, the noise and clutter ... fade away until there is only water and the rhythm of the rod and, now and then, a fish."

-Random Phrump

''A Thought''

A simple philosophy I have adopted over the years has been tested and re-enforced in the past few weeks. It is to celebrate those good and pleasing things encountered in daily life, no matter how small, with at least the same vigour as I bemoan the bad or merely vexing.
-Steve Dobson


The Fly Fishing Loop Sponsored By flydepot.com
The Fly Fishing Loop is sponsored by flydepot.com
[ Home Waters | Next | Random | List | Search ]